Top most remote hotels. Wilderness Hotels
Hotels located far from civilization have one very big advantage: people can escape from the hustle and bustle of the city, stay close to nature and enjoy the silence. For this purpose, hotels are created in the wilderness.
1. Petit St. Hotel Vincent is located on an island in the Caribbean in the territory of the state of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. Getting to it is quite difficult: first by plane to Barbados, then the flight to Fr. Juninon, and from there by sea to the island where the hotel is located. There is no connection in the hotel rooms, not even a telephone. To communicate with the staff, a system of elevating flags is arranged: if the client needs something, he raises the yellow flag so as not to be disturbed – red.
Petit St. Vincent
2. In New Zealand, nature lovers choose Whare Kea Lodge & Chalet. The hotel consists of only 6 rooms and is located on the shore of a mountain lake away from civilization. A unique feature of the hotel is the huge floor-to-ceiling windows with wonderful views of the mountains and the lake.
Whare Kea Lodge & Chalet
3. The UK is the record for the number of hotels off the beaten path. One of the most noteworthy is the Sumburgh Lighthouse, which is the former home of a lighthouse keeper. It is located at the extreme point of. Mainland, where the North Sea and the Atlantic Ocean meet. People come here not only for solitude, but also for amazing landscapes and untouched wilderness.
4. Another remote UK hotel is located in Scotland and is called the Colonsay Hotel. It was built in the XVIII century, and is located on the island of Colonsay. The hotel can be reached by water by ferry or by air by plane. The main feature of this place is a variety of landscapes. The hotel has 9 rooms and each of them is named after a local natural landmark: a beach, a garden, a cliff or a lake. From entertainment guests can enjoy fishing, golf and hiking.
5. The Garvault Hotel is located in Scotland, which is also considered to be one of the most remote hotels. For example, the distance from the hotel to the nearest store is 80 km! There is only one road to the hotel, which in winter is often covered with snow. Due to the weather conditions and the remoteness of the hotel, its rooms are often empty, so there is a great chance to become the only client (and to feel like a hero of the film “Terrible eight”).
The Garvault Hotel
6. Hotel de Larache is located in the driest desert of the world of Atacama in Chile. This is a great place for romantics and lovers of the starry sky: the hotel has an observatory, Atacama is considered one of the best places on earth to observe the stars. For lovers of outdoor activities, the hotel offers about 50 (!) Types of excursions that are already included in the price.